New Heritage

star wars saga edition game

Starting off with some basics

the Speaker in Dreams
    Admin

Starting off with some basics

Post by the Speaker in Dreams on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:23 am

all the players have grown up in the same large village (small town) on a remote planet and have little knowledge of the rest of the galaxy.

players will begin between the ages of 13-16.

the players start off as non-heroic characters (found pgs 277, 278 of the SW Saga Edition Core Rule Book)

character stats are derived through the Planned Generation rules (page 18 of the SW Saga Ed. CRB)

Human, but i might make an exception for Twi'lek, Zabrek, and Durosian, there just aren't many other races in your locale.

Mid Sventy

Re: Starting off with some basics

Post by Mid Sventy on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:58 pm

....um....page numbers...lol

the Speaker in Dreams
    Admin

Post by the Speaker in Dreams on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:38 pm

the page numbers may not actually correspond with the pdf image numbers but they are located on the pages still Razz

if need be i can share my pdfs with folks in google drive (used to be google docs)

Darva Kersai

Post by Darva Kersai on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:42 pm

From what I can see in my copy of the PDF, non-heroic characters are on electronic pages 277-278.
    AC

Terris

Post by Terris on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:49 pm

There seems to be a bit of information missing in the section on non-heroic characters. It doesn't give the initial hit points.

the Speaker in Dreams
    Admin

Post by the Speaker in Dreams on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:14 pm

i believe your HP are equal to you CON.

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 am

It is sneaky!

(According to the book)
    * Heroic characters get a starting bump before their normal hit points kick in.
    * NON-heroic characters have to settle with very low hit points from the beginning. 1d4+Con bonus with no starting bump for class.

This makes non heroic characters essentially minions. Of course, the Speaker is the GM, so he decides.
    I will say, Saga is pretty damn deadly. Very Happy

Will we lose out on the initial heroic hp forever? Or will we pick it up at our first heroic level? Feel free not to answer if this will ruin anything.

We house ruled getting max hp each level last game (so a non-heroic character would always get 4+Con bonus by the book). Are we doing that this game?

Also be aware, if you have not played before, that the SAGA books had TONS of errata.

the Speaker in Dreams
    Admin

Post by the Speaker in Dreams on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:00 pm

I don't think it will ruin things once you obtain your first heroic level you will attain those starting hit points or rather the difference between what you started with and the new heroic class.

Saga edition is pretty deadly I remember many a battle laying on the floor hoping no one would coup de grace me. However I thought we house ruled half max + one + con bonus.

As for the hp I'm fine with being nice and letting you start with your con score for starting hp. I mean you ate all potential heroes. And with a d4+con you can end up dropped with a single hit which is fine for truly non- heroic types but I think it would be better that you have some chance at survival as even someone with an 18 con can still be brought down in a single shot, it's just much less likely unless you pick the fight with wrong people.

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Yep. It's a difference between one hit and two hit character at this level. Very Happy In my first ever SW RPG fight, the guy I was talking to took the first shot from a blaster. It blew his head off. bom

Current date/time is Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:53 pm